MFHS Announces Agency Wide Limited Service Delivery Due To COVID-19
For the safety of our staff and the families we serve, limited services will be available in select locations starting March 17, 2020. A full archive of our updates regarding the COVID-19 outbreak are available here.
MFHS Family Planning Centers in Hazleton, Pottsville, Circle of Care, Scranton, and Hawley, are open for limited services. Please contact your Family Planning Center for details. Your provider can offer phone consultations, alternatives for visits, and additional contraceptive options if needed.
MFHS WIC Nutrition Centers: the following WIC Nutrition Centers will be OPEN FOR LIMITED SERVICES* (see below for more details on limited WIC services):
- Berks County WIC Center in Reading
- Bradford County – Towanda WIC Center
- Carbon County WIC Center in Lehighton
- Lackawanna County – Scranton WIC, Circle of Care in Scranton, Jermyn WIC
- Lehigh County – Lehigh Valley WIC Center, Allentown
- Luzerne County – Wilkes-Barre WIC Center, Hazleton WIC Center
- Monroe County – East Stroudsburg WIC Center
- Montgomery County – Lansdale WIC Center, and Pottstown WIC Center
- Northampton County – Easton WIC Center
- Schuylkill County – Pottsville WIC Center, Shenandoah WIC Center, Tamaqua WIC Center
- Tioga County – Wellsboro WIC Center
- Wayne County – Hawley WIC Center
The following locations are CLOSED effective March 17, 2020 and until further notice
- Berks County – Kutztown WIC satellite
- Lackawanna County – Carbondale WIC satellite at the YMCA; Alder Street WIC satellite in Scranton
- Luzerne County – Nanticoke WIC satellite at Head Start; West Side WIC satellite at RHC in Edwardsville
- Monroe County – Tobyhanna WIC Center
- Montgomery County – Norristown WIC Center
- Pike County – Dingmans Ferry WIC satellite
- Sullivan County – Sullivan County WIC satellite in LaPorte
- Tioga County – Elkland WIC satellite at Head Start
- Wyoming County – Tunkhannock WIC Center
If you have an upcoming appointment at the WIC locations on the above “closed” list, you will be contacted by a WIC staff member who will provide further instructions on how to access WIC services. Please do not come to the locations listed above as they will be closed. You will be able to go to another nearby WIC Center for benefit pick up (eWIC card re-loading) appointments.
*Limited WIC services include the following:
Benefit pick up (eWIC card re-loading) appointments
- These will be quick appointments to minimize time spent in the WIC Center.
- WIC nutritionists will be available via phone to answer your nutrition or infant and child feeding questions.
- Do not bring children or other family members to these appointments. Only the endorser or proxy needs to come to the WIC Center for eWIC card re-loading.
Re-Certification appointments (appointments that require an assessment by a WIC nutritionist)
- Re-Certifications will be temporarily conducted over the phone.
- If you have this type of appointment scheduled on or after March 17, you will receive a phone call from a WIC nutritionist prior to your appointment.
- When you come to the WIC Center, you will only need to have your eWIC card re-loaded. You will not need to bring your children for the visit. This will minimize your time in the WIC Center.
If you are not able to get to the WIC Center for eWIC card re-loading, you can designate a proxy to come to the WIC Center for you. Please contact your WIC Center to arrange for this over the phone.
In order to limit exposure, we ask that you please limit the number of people that you bring with you to your appointment.
At MFHS, our goal during this crisis is to continue to provide essential WIC services in a safe and effective way. We appreciate your continued cooperation and patience. If you have questions regarding your appointment, please reach out directly to your WIC Center or call MFHS at 1-800-FOR-MFHS (1-800-367-6347)
In the interest of the health and safety for all the families we serve, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household has:
Fever, chills, coughing, signs for respiratory illness or flu-like symptoms
Or has recently: traveled out of the country, or to an area with widespread cases of Coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone know to have the virus.
Call 1-866-942-8463 to reschedule your WIC appointment.