Staff Retirement: Hello Marilou, Goodbye Heart!
And now that I have that Ricky Nelson tune strumming in your head, it’s with great honor we celebrate Marilou Sadowski’s last week at MFHS. After nearly 24 years of serving the community with a great deal of her heart, Marilou will be enjoying the beauty of retirement and well deserved time with her husband and family.
I’ve asked Marilou to tell us a little about her experience at MFHS and plans for the future:
– What did you enjoy most about working at MFHS?
- It gave me the opportunity to meet people from all different walks of life. Where else would I have met Napoli people as well as people from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds.
-Tell us a little about what made your work fulfilling?
- There is a great variety of jobs to keep you interested during the course of the day. You never know what situation you will get with the next patient that walks through the door.
-What will you miss most?
- The women I work with. I am truly in awe of them. They are so kind and caring.
-What advice would you give to yourself if you were just starting your career at MFHS?
- Learn Spanish! Enjoy the ride. Some days will be more difficult than others so just put one foot in front of the other till you can go home to your real life.
-What are you most looking forward to in your retirement?
- My husband, Tom, is a sales rep so I will be traveling with him and babysitting my grandchildren. Eventually, I know I will get itchy to do something else and will look for somewhere to volunteer.
Marilou’s coworkers are going to miss her as well.
“I so appreciate & cherish our friendship over the past 21 + yrs. working together. The void of your absence will be truly felt, but my heart is so happy for this new chapter in your life. Thank you for being such a great co-worker and friend, all your support, your kindness, the laughter we’ve shared. Love you friend. Please keep in touch. xo “ –Charlene L.
“Marilou was always helpful to everyone and very knowledgeable of programs especially Healthy Beginnings. She has seen many changes at Circle of Care over the years and embraced them to insure our patient were cared for and COC remained successful. Job Well Done!! Now Enjoy your grandchildren and as Marilou would say “Just relax and enjoy my deck in Clarks Summit” – Cindy K.
Congratulations Marilou as you begin a new “fun” chapter in your life. You take a wealth of knowledge and experience that will be hard to replace at Circle of Care. It has been my pleasure to work with you for the past many years, and I look forward to staying in touch. Enjoy this very special time. You have earned it. —Barb K.
From all of us at Maternal and Family Health Services we say, “Thank you” Marilou, for your decades of dedication and the thousands of clients you have served. You have truly made a difference in countless lives at your time here and we wish you all the best in this exciting new chapter.