Prenatal Services include:
- Prenatal care
- Referral of laboratory and ultrasound tests
- Referral for childbirth, parenting and teen parenting support groups
- Childbirth education and parenting classes at Moses Taylor Hospital
- Prenatal vitamins and nutrition information
- Smoking cessation program
- Home health services through Nurse-Family Partnership for first time moms
- Breast-feeding classes
- Access to maternal fetal medicine and special services needed
- Referral for nutrition education and supplemental foods (WIC Nutrition Program) as well as post-partum reproductive health care
- Referral for pediatric services through EPSDT Well-Baby Check-ups
What happens after the baby is born?
Once the baby is born, participants are eligible for home visits by a nurse, normal postpartum care is available and baby care will be reviewed. Mothers will also learn how to successfully breastfeed the baby. A return postpartum visit will be scheduled and referrals will be made for continuing care for baby and for personal gynecologic care.