MFHS President & CEO Receives Margaretta Belin Chamberlin Award
Maternal and Family Health Services is pleased to announce that the Scranton Area Community Foundation and their Women in Philanthropy initiative has awarded MFHS President & CEO Maria Montoro Edwards, Ph.D. the 2021 Margaretta Belin Chamberlin Award!
The Margaretta Belin Chamberlin Award is presented annually to a woman who demonstrates the following qualities:
- Commitment to community: to the wellbeing of individuals regardless of socioeconomic status, race, religion, ethnic background, age or gender and to the common good.
- Vision, creativity, innovation, and ingenuity in response to community need.
- Tolerance and sensitivity in response to the human condition.
- Achievement of goals which demonstrate commitment and creativity, and serve as a model and inspiration to others
- Leadership in empowering and transforming the lives of women and girls in the community.
The celebration was held last night in Scranton. You can view the event recording on the Women in Philanthropy website. Maria’s presentation begins around minute 47. Thank you again to the Scranton Area Community Foundation and Women in Philanthropy, and congratulations Maria!