Kathy made it her life’s work to care for women and children, making a difference in the lives of countless people. To honor her passion and service, Maternal and Family Health Services established a scholarship in her name to help motivated, deserving young mothers in our Nurse-Family Partnership program achieve their goals in something proven and worthwhile – higher education.
Scholarship Opportunity for NFP Moms:
$1,000 scholarship award to a NFP client to help with post-secondary education costs.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the MFHS NFP and must have demonstrated a commitment to the NFP program model and curriculum.
- Applicant must be accepted or enrolled in post-secondary education (college as well as trade and vocational schools) following high school.
- Award goes directly to school to add to student’s account.
Click here to submit your application today.
Applications due Friday, July 28, 2023.
Your support makes a difference:
This scholarship established to help motivated, deserving young mothers in our Nurse-Family Partnership program achieve their goals in something proven and worthwhile – higher education. The scholarship is completely funded by donors like yourself. Without your help, many would not have been given that small start they needed to achieve their goals.
- 15 Kathryn Dickerson Scholarships have been awarded since 2007.
- 15 NFP moms were able to continue to pursue their degrees in Nursing, Human Services, Ultrasound Technology, Medical Billing and Psychology.
- 15 Scholarships were sent to schools that include Penn State University, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College and Wilkes University.
- 2 scholarship recipients went on to graduate from nursing school and become nurses in the MFHS Nurse-Family Partnership Program.