Kathy made it her life’s work to care for women and children, making a difference in the lives of countless people. To honor her passion and service, Maternal and Family Health Services established a scholarship in her name to help motivated, deserving young mothers in our Nurse-Family Partnership program achieve their goals in something proven and worthwhile – higher education.
Scholarship Opportunity for NFP Moms:
$1,000 scholarship award to a NFP client to help with post-secondary education costs.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the MFHS NFP and must have demonstrated a commitment to the NFP program model and curriculum.
- Applicant must be accepted or enrolled in post-secondary education (college as well as trade and vocational schools) following high school.
- Award goes directly to school to add to student’s account.
Application is currently closed. Check with your NFP Nurse for information on when the application will open for the next school year.
Your support makes a difference:
This scholarship established to help motivated, deserving young mothers in our Nurse-Family Partnership program achieve their goals in something proven and worthwhile – higher education. The scholarship is completely funded by donors like yourself. Without your help, many would not have been given that small start they needed to achieve their goals.
- 12 Kathryn Dickerson Scholarships have been awarded since 2007.
- 12 NFP moms were able to continue to pursue their degrees in Nursing, Human Services, Ultrasound Technology, Medical Billing and Psychology.
- 12 Scholarships were sent to schools that include Penn State University, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College and Wilkes University.
- 2 scholarship recipients went on to graduate from nursing school and become nurses in the MFHS Nurse-Family Partnership Program.