Careers at MFHS
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc. welcomes employment inquiries from individuals who have an interest in working in prenatal and family health and nutrition. Positions may become available at any time, anywhere within our 16-county service area.
At MFHS we are always seeking professionals with a passion for service. We frequently look for qualified Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Nutritionists, Registered Nurses, Dietitians and others to live out our mission and commitment to a healthier community.
MFHS is committed to a healthy work life balance. We offer competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Medical and Rx
- Dental and Vision
- Company Paid Life and Disability
- Company Matched 401K
- Typical 37.5 Hour Workweek (May flex up as needed.)
- No Weekends
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
Our current openings include:
LPN or RN – Quality Improvement Coordinator
Masters of Social Worker OR Licensed Social Worker
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner – Lackawanna County
RN/Home Visiting Nurse – Luzerne/Carbon Counties
NEW: Click “apply for this job” next to the position you are interested in to apply online.
LPN or RN – Quality Improvement Coordinator – Apply For This Job
Looking to make a difference in your community? Maternal & Family Health Services, is a community centered organization that prides itself on dedication to enhancing health and offering personal and family centered care for women, babies, and families. MFHS is currently recruiting for an LPN or RN Quality Improvement Coordinator.
The Experience We Are Looking for:
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Program Operations and Quality Improvement, the Quality Coordinator will provide clinical oversight, and quality management support for a broad portfolio of public health programs, with specific emphasis on clinical responsibilities with the Title X Program. This position works across the MFHS Network to identify, plan, and support the Quality Improvement activities specific to individual departments, programs, or the organization as a whole. Additionally, this position assures that departmental goals and objectives are met through team building, continual monitoring of program data, monitoring of training requirements and educational materials, and effective coordination and communication intra-departmentally and with collaborating agencies.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to facilitate meetings in diverse settings.
- Excellent assessment, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks effectively within a compressed timeframe.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with web-based collaboration platforms and information management systems, portals, and intranets.
- Ability to travel regularly for site visits and audits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing oversight of the Family Planning Reproductive Health Services, ensuring the use of evidence-based guidance and programmatic best practices to deliver effective and high quality sexual and reproductive health services.
- Assists in the development and modification of clinical policies for Family Planning and other healthcare programs in the MFHS portfolio of services; lead the Medical Executive Meetings to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and all applicable regulations according to the best practices under the Title X rule.
- Assists with Network wide data synthesis, analysis, and monitoring, provides technical assistance, conducts evaluation of Network needs and activities, disseminates written reports and publication as required.
- Assist in the development of the clinical training plan and develops, implements and monitors Network-related QI activities.
- Responsible to ensure the site monitoring tool contains the necessary information and are current in accordance with the Title X regulations; ensures clinical site visits and reviews are conducted with MFHS Network and completed on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the accuracy of clinical educational literature that its distributed to the MFHS network sites.
- Maintains good relationships with provider agencies and collaborative partners.
- Participates in the QA and I&E meetings by presenting policies, client clinical educational materials and other quality initiatives as deemed appropriate.
RN, LPN preferred, with three (3) years’ experience in:
- Preforming Quality Management activities
- Develop and implementing policies and procedures around clinical care issues
- Clinical settings and /or patient care
Maintains current PA professional License
Current Driver’s License
Current Professional License and valid Driver’s License
Masters of Social Worker OR Licensed Social Worker – <Apply Apply For This Job
Are you passionate about helping others and looking for an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of women in our community? Maternal and Family Health Services is a non-profit health and social service provider and we are currently seeking a dedicated MSW or LSW who will provide necessary clinical intervention to high risk pregnant women in treatment for addiction and substance use disorder.
The MSW/LSW will demonstrate excellent communication skills and be capable of working with a diverse population. The MSW/LSW will serve as both a therapist and advocate to help patients navigate and gain access to resources within the community.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of professional casework principles, practices and methodology
- Knowledge of individual and group dynamics and ability to counsel clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong assessment and critical thinking skills
- Crisis and Time Management
- Effective oral and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and dependable, insured vehicle required
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains an active caseload and completes required documentation including a biopsychosocial assessment, treatment plans, progress note documentation and case management duties in a timely manner and in accordance to MFHS policies and standards.
- Provides new OB intake and enrollment/counseling services for the HMOMS program at the OB Physician offices as needed to facilitate entry into the program; connect patients to medication treatment centers; referrals for NFP; WIC services; Prenatal Resources; Housing and other psycho-social needs.
- Make hospital visits for all HMOMS patients who deliver to be certain Safe Care Plan and referral for post discharge medical/social service referrals are executed, barriers identified and resolved and referral appointments are kept.
- Develop Discharge Plan with all HMOMS across all providers to make certain all patients are counseled on Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome; Post Medical Care and Medication Assisted appointments are made; home is prepared to receive the newborn; family or other supports are in place; coordinate plans with Hospital Social Worker for SAFE Care calls etc.
- Act as a Liaison for HMOMS patients between the delivering hospitals; OB Care Providers; Certified Recovery Specialist; and HMOMS team to ensure care plans are completed and patient is compliant.
- Work with Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) to ensure compliance to required group meetings including but not limited to OB Prenatal Classes at Outreach; Group Addiction Meetings; Prenatal Classes; counsel Patients on compliance to HMOMS and medical services and advocate for them.
- Uses time management and organizational skills to maintain an open caseload that has the ability to add clients when referred and ensuring flexibility to be seen in a timely manner.
- Making appropriate referrals as needed to Medication Assisted Treatment Centers (MAT’s), linking patients to behavior health services and other identified community resources.
- Identify at risk patients through interviews, obtain case histories, using observational techniques, assessment tools and development of a safety plan. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other MFHS programs/services along with all community resources/agencies and professionals.
- LSW PA License and/or Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner – full time or part time– Apply For This Job
Looking to make a difference in your community? Maternal & Family Health Services, is a community centered organization that prides itself on dedication to enhancing health and offering personal and family centered care for women, babies, and families. MFHS is currently recruiting a CRNP for our Reproductive Health programs in a busy practice. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Women’s Health CRNP to provide holistic care to high risk clients. This person will be responsible for the healthcare management and clinical services of women from puberty to menopause.
As a member of our healthcare team and under the supervision of the Medical Director, the clinician is responsible for providing direct patient care in the context of a comprehensive reproductive health visit, in accordance with MFHS standards and federal guidelines, in an efficient, sensitive and professional manner.
Qualification and Skills required:
• Licensure CRNP in the State of Pennsylvania
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in maternity
• Current CPR Certification
• Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral
• Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned. Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall client operations
• Proficient with electronic health records, and a working knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 coding
• High level communication skills with the ability to counsel clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures to ensure individual values related to reproductive health are respected
• Must have Professional malpractice insurance
This position will be based in Lackawanna County, however may be required to travel at times to our various centers in our Northeast Pennsylvania network. Bilingual, preferably in Spanish is desired, however not a requirement.
RN/Home Visiting Nurse – Luzerne/Carbon Counties – Apply For This Job
Looking to make a difference in the life of a first time mother and her child? Maternal & Family Health Services is expanding the Nurse Family Partnership program. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Registered Nurse to make home visits in the Hazleton/Luzerne County area. Current PA RN license required. Candidate will be expected to enroll in BSN within 2 years of employment. Two year’s recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred. Must be able to work independently, provide thorough case-management and work flexible hours Monday-Friday to accommodate client needs. Bilingual in Spanish a plus. Dependable, insured vehicle required. No weekend or holiday hours.
NOTE: Open positions will be posted for 30 days, unless otherwise stated. Maternal and Family Health Services reserves the right to fill the position prior to the expiration of the posting period.
Maternal and Family Health Services is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.