Careers at MFHS
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc. welcomes employment inquiries from individuals who have an interest in working in prenatal and family health and nutrition. Positions may become available at any time, anywhere within our 16-county service area.
At MFHS we are always seeking professionals with a passion for service. We frequently look for qualified Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Nutritionists, Registered Nurses, Dietitians and others to live out our mission and commitment to a healthier community.
MFHS is committed to a healthy work life balance. We offer competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Medical and Rx
- Dental and Vision
- Company Paid Life and Disability
- Company Matched 401K
- Typical 37.5 Hour Workweek (May flex up as needed.)
- No Weekends
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
NEW: Click “apply for this job” next to the position you are interested in to apply online.
Home Visiting Nurse Supervisor – Luzerne County – Apply For This Job
Looking to make a difference in your community? Maternal & Family Health Services, is a community centered organization that prides itself on dedication to enhancing health and offering personal and family centered care for women, babies, and families. MFHS is currently recruiting for a Home Visiting Nurse Supervisor.
This position will be part of the Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) program that manages a team of Home Visiting Nurses in Luzerne County while carrying a small caseload of clients.
Supervisor responsibilities include guidance, education and monitoring of nurses, creating awareness of the NFP Program to support community and client relations, development of quality improvement strategies and to ensure adherence to the NFP Model.
Staffing and Education
- Work within the local community and lead agency structure to assure that the NFP Program is implemented in accordance with established guidelines and contract requirements.
- Use principles of supervision, reflective practice, and staff development, to provide primary support and appropriate oversight to the nurse home visitors, and to build a model a strengths-based, client-centered culture.
- Provides thorough case-management, work independently and be available Monday-Friday to accommodate nurse and client needs.
- Assists in hiring of all nurse home visitors.
- Assigns client caseloads and monitor nurse home visitor’s ability to build and manage caseload.
- Provides useful developmental feedback, and confronts and develops a plan with staff to address performance and resolve issues.
Community Awareness, Support and Referrals/Referral System
- Develops and maintains community referral sources for the NFP Program.
Implements external and internal systems to assure timely receipt and disposition of referrals to and from the NFP.
- Utilizes agency policies and procedures or develops needed policy and procedure to guide implementations
Quality Improvement and Evaluation
- Oversees and ensure timely and accurate data input and utilization of the web-based reports and other reports available through NFP.
- Reads and interprets reports; shares appropriately with team and partners.
- Ensures implementation of quality improvement strategies.
- Develops methods for ongoing assessment of staff development needs; compare available data to structure appropriate continuing education and guidance staff.
Qualifications for NFP Nurse Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required, Masters Level accepted
- Current Nursing License
- Program management and one-on-one supervision 3-5 yrs experience
- Worked in public/community health, including home visitation
- Provided maternal/child health services, particularly in community setting
- Worked with diverse populations, communities and organizations
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner – Apply For This Job
Looking to make a difference in your community? Maternal & Family Health Services, is a community centered organization that prides itself on dedication to enhancing health and offering personal and family centered care for women, babies, and families. MFHS is currently recruiting a CRNP for our Reproductive Health programs in a busy practice. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Women’s Health CRNP to provide holistic care to high risk clients. This person will be responsible for the healthcare management and clinical services of women from puberty to menopause.
As a member of our healthcare team and under the supervision of the Medical Director, the clinician is responsible for providing direct patient care in the context of a comprehensive reproductive health visit, in accordance with MFHS standards and federal guidelines, in an efficient, sensitive and professional manner.
Qualification and Skills required:
• Licensure CRNP in the State of Pennsylvania
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in maternity
• Current CPR Certification
• Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral
• Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned. Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall client operations
• Proficient with electronic health records, and a working knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 coding
• High level communication skills with the ability to counsel clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures to ensure individual values related to reproductive health are respected
• Must have Professional malpractice insurance
This position will be based in Lackawanna County, however may be required to travel at times to our various centers in our Northeast Pennsylvania network. Bilingual, preferably in Spanish is desired, however not a requirement.
RN/Home Visiting Nurse – Luzerne/Carbon Counties – Apply For This Job
Looking to make a difference in the life of a first time mother and her child? Maternal & Family Health Services is expanding the Nurse Family Partnership program. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Registered Nurse to make home visits in Luzerne County and parts of Carbon County. Current PA RN license required. Candidate will be expected to enroll in BSN within 2 years of employment. Two year’s recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred. Must be able to work independently, provide thorough case-management and work flexible hours Monday-Friday to accommodate client needs. Bilingual in Spanish a plus. Dependable, insured vehicle required. No weekend or holiday hours. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, generous 401(k) retirement plan, and generous paid time off program including Federal holidays and a $1000 signing bonus.
NOTE: Open positions will be posted for 30 days, unless otherwise stated. Maternal and Family Health Services reserves the right to fill the position prior to the expiration of the posting period.
Maternal and Family Health Services is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.