Careers at MFHS
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc. welcomes employment inquiries from individuals who have an interest in working in prenatal and family health and nutrition. Positions may become available at any time, anywhere within our 16-county service area.
At MFHS we are always seeking professionals with a passion for service. We frequently look for qualified Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Nutritionists, Registered Nurses, Dietitians and others to live out our mission and commitment to a healthier community.
MFHS is committed to a healthy work life balance. We offer competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Medical and Rx
- Dental and Vision
- Company Paid Life and Disability
- Company Matched 401K
- Typical 37.5 Hour Workweek (May flex up as needed.)
- No Weekends
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
NEW: Click “apply for this job” next to the position you are interested in to apply online.
Senior Vice President – Luzerne County – Apply For This Job
Maternal and Family Health Services Inc. is looking for a strategic leader with a demonstrated ability to both identify and execute on operational efficiencies and grow new programs in a competitive non-profit environment. We are a private nonprofit health and human services organization dedicated to the quality care of families since 1971.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the SVP is part of the executive and senior management teams that oversee 26 locations in 16 counties, 165 employees, and a $15 million budget. This position will be responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs. They will lead directors and 3-4 program models delivered across our network. This person will continuously review services being offered and develop new programs as needs emerge.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record, preferably in non-profit, of leading a direct service organization with a complex array of programs, funding streams, and compliance requirements.
- Oversee the planning and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality and participation.
- Develop an operational plan that will propel the strategic direction of the organization, while ensuring the operations of the organization meets the expectations of its clients, Board and funders.
- Directly manage administrative functions, including finance and program operations.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
Three or more years senior level nonprofit management experience.
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner: Lackawanna County – Apply For This Job
NEW – $2500 signing bonus! Looking to make a difference in your community? Maternal & Family Health Services, is a community centered organization that prides itself on dedication to enhancing health and offering personal and family centered care for women, babies, and families. MFHS is currently recruiting a CRNP for our Reproductive Health programs in a busy practice. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced OB/GYN / Women’s Health CRNP to provide holistic care to high risk clients. This person will be responsible for the healthcare management and clinical services of women from puberty to menopause. This position will be based in Lackawanna County, however may be required to travel at times to our various centers in our Northeast Pennsylvania network.
As a member of our healthcare team and under the supervision of the Medical Director, the clinician is responsible for providing direct patient care in the context of a comprehensive reproductive health visit, in accordance with MFHS standards and federal guidelines, in an efficient, sensitive and professional manner.
Qualification and Skills required:
- Licensure CRNP in the State of Pennsylvania
- Current CPR Certification
- 3-5 years of experience in women’s health and/or OB-GYN
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned. Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall client operations
- Proficient with electronic health records, and a working knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 coding
- High level communication skills with the ability to counsel clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures to ensure individual values related to reproductive health are respected
- Must have Professional malpractice insurance
WIC Program Assistant – Schuylkill County – Apply For This Job
Maternal & Family Health Services, a non-profit health and social service organization offering prenatal, family planning, and related women’s health services, is currently recruiting for a WIC Program Assistant at our Schuylkill County sites.
The WIC Program Assistant collects data and performs screenings for client eligibility determination as well as performs duties to assure the delivery of WIC benefits and nutrition education to eligible clients.
- Explains the purpose of the program and provides an overview of what to expect during the appointment. Explain the “WIC Rules” and “Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities”.
- Verifies identification and residency of all applicants/participants; verify income eligibility; ask about voter registration status.
- Performs and records hematological and anthropometric measurements.
- Provides and documents nutrition and breastfeeding contacts according to policy.
- Provides food instruments and explains the food list and procedures for cashing checks
- Promotes and contributes to organizational goals as well as annual nutrition, breastfeeding, and outreach goals.
- Provide and document appropriate and required referrals to clients.
- Document data provided on immunization records for children less than two years of age.
- Attend regular training sessions and updates as directed.
- Prepare process and maintain reports, order forms and administrative correspondence.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the provision of services.
Successful candidate must be able to interact and communicate with clients and staff through verbal, written, and electronic means. Ability to enter and retrieve data using PC based systems and contemporary business software. Ability to navigate within a windows-based environment. Successful completion of PA Bureau of Labs mandated hematological training, CDC-approved anthropometric training, and MFHS-sponsored basic nutrition education and breastfeeding training. Bi-lingual in Spanish required.
NOTE: Open positions will be posted for 30 days, unless otherwise stated. Maternal and Family Health Services reserves the right to fill the position prior to the expiration of the posting period.
Maternal and Family Health Services is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.