During the 18th annual observance of National Women’s Health Week, all women are encouraged to make their health a priority by taking steps for better health at every age. Now, more than ever, we urge women to not only make health a priority, but to reach out to your local legislators to express your concerns over possible funding cuts that will adversely impact women—particularly those who are uninsured and under-insured and will likely be unable to receive important preventive care and screenings. Adequate options for accessing reproductive health care lead to better health for patients, their families, and our entire community.
Please use the tools below find your state and federal elected officials and contact them to express your concern over potential funding shortfalls and possible program eliminations. You can make a real difference for women’s health by doing so.
- Find your representatives in the Pennsylvania state house and senate: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/
- Find your Representative in the U.S. House: http://ziplook.house.gov/htbin/findrep?
- Find your U.S. Senators: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
- Find other local elected officials: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- Register to vote in Pennsylvania: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/Pages/VoterRegistrationApplication.aspx