Maternal and Family Health Services is a private non-profit health and human services organization working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education and quality care. We are currently seeking a full time Nutritionist.
The Nutritionist is responsible for determining WIC (Women, Infants & Children) program eligibility, prescribing the WIC food package, and the delivery and documentation of nutrition education for WIC program participants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver WIC services remotely using approved telehealth/teleWIC technology and methods to conduct phone and video appointments
- Assess, determine and document WIC medical/nutritional eligibility for applicants/participants based upon current standards and/or according to policy. Assure that income and residency eligibility has been verified
- Provide and document group and/or individualized nutrition education for participants appropriate to their needs.
- Prescribe the types and quantity of foods for participants in accordance with the participant’s medical/nutritional needs and preferences.
- Provide and document appropriate and required referrals to participants.
- Assess and record hematological and anthropometric measurements for applicants/participants as necessary.
- Implement, monitor and promote nutrition education, breastfeeding and/or outreach activities for participants in accordance with the current Nutrition Education, Breastfeeding and Outreach annual plans.
- Document data provided on immunization records for participants as necessary.
- Attend regular training sessions and updates as directed.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the provision of services.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a focus on nutrition
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through virtual communication channels
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in use of telehealth platforms and technology, including online video technology
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial, but not required
- Ability and willingness to complete PA Bureau of Labs mandated hematological training, CDC approved anthropometric training, and MFHS sponsored basic nutrition education and breastfeeding training.
- 1-3 years’ experience preferred
- Reliable home internet service required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed