$3,000 Sign On Bonus/No Weekends or Holidays!
Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of NEPA’s women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time RN/Care Coordinator at our Scranton location.
The RN/Care Coordinator works collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide high quality, client centered care. The RN establishes goals and strategies to meet client care coordination needs across settings in collaboration with the client, family, and/or other care providers, and provides direct client care and appropriate counseling and clinical services necessary in accordance with professional standards and founded on clinical best practice, nursing education, and agency approved protocols to support the Maternity and Family Planning programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work independently within scope of practice to achieve desired clinical outcomes.
- Provide nursing interventions in collaboration with the interprofessional team incorporating appropriate standards of care and best practice in accordance with policies and procedures of MFHS programs and peripheral services.
- Perform client assessments and systemically collect any data related to the client’s health status, working in collaboration with the team to develop a plan of care
- Update the plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team as needed in response to client needs or change in status
- Assume responsibility and accountability for effectively managing nursing care of individual client.
- Provide client centered counseling and education for all clients being treated within programs/services that are provided at the center.
- Review and maintain client labs and charts, alerting CRNP and MD of abnormal results.
- Notify clients of abnormal results and appropriate prescribed management.
- Provide high quality, equitable client services in accordance with program requirements and guidelines including, but not limited to, FP services and counseling, Healthy Beginnings pregnancy care, pregnancy testing and options counseling, case management of HW abnormal results, STD Program testing and reporting.
- Provide nursing procedures relating to EPSDT including administration of immunizations and assists CRNP in the performance of Well Baby checks. Maintain and order vaccines. Document’s immunizations appropriately in PA-SUS.
- Schedule follow up appointments at appropriate intervals based on client needs and CRNP/MD orders.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Plan and implement strategies to identify and overcome barriers to accessing services. Appropriately refer to other networking agencies as needed.
- Collaborate with and support clinical team members, including travel to other service sites.
- Represent the Agency in MFHS health centers and the community in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Act as liaison with hospital obstetrics department for clinical services related to the Healthy Beginnings Plus program.
- Maintain a level of professional development through continuing education, participation in quality improvement activities and sharing of knowledge
- Attend relevant professional activities, training seminars, in-services, and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 2-3 years’ experience in maternal-child care or community health preferred
- Current PA RN License and CPR Certification
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with clients and staff through verbal, written, and electronic means
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.