Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner (PHDHP) for our Scranton Circle of Care location.
The PHDHP provides dental care through various MFHS payer sources and Medical Assistance. The program is focused to design to aid in oral health education and care for underserved populations, with a focus on women and children 0 – 21 years. The incumbent is at the practitioner level in the care and treatment of the teeth and gums and provides preventive and therapeutic and intraoral services. Performs hygiene duties such as examining teeth and other oral structures, cleaning teeth, applying sealants and topical fluoride and perform radiological procedures without the direct supervision of the Director of Dental Services. Maintains records of dental treatment. Collaborates with the public at various locations and different shifts based on the dental and health needs and in accordance with the payer source requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop the dental health program in conjunction with the Medical Director, Director of Dental Services, CCO, Program Managers and key stakeholders.
- Develop outreach programs to identify eligible adult and pediatric clients.
- Develop outreach strategy and document established contacts.
- Develop educational instruction materials to provide to members, schools, MFHS clients, and ambulatory clinics to promote Oral health education and wellness.
- Maintain records of all outreach and communications internally and externally, reporting to MFHS leadership as indicated.
- Performs hygiene duties inclusive of oral health examination, cleaning teeth, and application of sealants and topical fluoride.
- Perform radiological procedures
- Educate clients on preventive oral health care
- Educate and approve WIC, Circle of Care and Nurse Family Partnership clinical staff on the application of fluoride varnish
- Collaborate with the Director of Dental Services on dental treatment plans
- Promotes and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals of MFHS.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the Director of Dental Services in accordance with PA PHDHP licensure Scope of Practice
- PA licensed Dental Hygienist
- PA State Board of Dentistry certified Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner
- 5 years dental hygiene experience in a dental clinic or practice
- Professional malpractice insurance
- Active CPR license
- PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Background and FBI Fingerprint clearances required.
- Fundamentals of basic software and database programs to input and/or extract information. (ie: Electronic Medical Records systems)
- Dentistry tools applicable to scope of practice
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
- Occasional bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, kneeling, reaching, kneeling, twisting.
- Frequently standing, turning, and sitting
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.