MFHS WIC centers will be closed for staff training on the new eWIC system from September 23 through September 30, 2019. Please visit our blog to learn more.
The WIC (Women, Infants and Children) Nutrition Program promotes the health of women, infants and children by providing healthy food and nutrition education to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers as well as their infants and children under age 5. Maternal and Family Health Services provides WIC services to over 57,000 participants each month through its network of 32 WIC Nutrition Centers in 16 Pennsylvania counties.
WIC services include:
- Nutrition education to ensure healthy eating habits and growth.
- Vouchers to help families purchase nutritious foods high in vitamins and minerals.
- Breastfeeding education and support.
- Immunization record checks.
- Iron deficiency screenings.
- Dental health counseling.
- Farmer’s Market vouchers for fresh, locally-grown fruits and vegetables.
- Individual counseling and referrals for other health and human services.
For referral partners, please click here to download a referral form to connect families you serve to WIC.