Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of NEPA’s women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking an Office Coordinator/Nutritionist in Northampton County WIC Locations.
Coordinate activities of clinic in accordance with established agency procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate service flow of individual/multiple sites and ensuring monthly and annual participation goals are met.
- Ensure the accurate completion of reports, maintain daily operations, employee time schedules (Vacations, etc.) and feedback to Senior Management within established time frames. Ensure that staff and general office operations promote a positive customer service environment through meeting client’s program-related needs and providing timely service.
- Assist in the development of clinic staff through interviewing, training, supervising, regular department meetings and evaluating compliance in accordance with established policies, when applicable.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and departmental goals by working with staff and implementing change through active team participation.
- Maintain contact with other health and social service agencies; participate in health fairs and other outreach activities.
- Assist in monitoring of goals and objectives for outreach and nutrition education.
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies: office, medical, etc.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the provision of services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition from an accredited college or university
- 1-3 years’ experience preferred
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record & FBI Clearances
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to perform operations with units involved in measuring and weighing
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtraction, division and reducing fractions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. regularly
- Constant standing, turning, twisting, reaching and sitting for long periods of time
- Occasional pushing, pulling, squatting and walking
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply