Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time CPAfor our WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program in Allentown.
The Nutritionist is responsible for the determination of WIC program eligibility, the prescription of the WIC food package and the delivery and documentation of nutrition education for applicants and participants, according to policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess, determine, and document WIC medical/nutritional eligibility for applicants/participants based upon current standards and/or according to policy. Assure that income and residency eligibility has been verified.
- Provide and document group and/or individualized nutrition education for participants appropriate to their needs.
- Prescribe the types and quantity of foods for participants in accordance with the participant’s medical/nutritional needs and preferences.
- Provide and document appropriate and required referrals to participants.
- Assess and record hematological and anthropometric measurements for applicants/participants.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition from an accredited college or university
- 1-3 years’ experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record & FBI Clearances
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to perform operations with units involved in measuring and weighing
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtraction, division and reducing fractions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. regularly
Why Join our Team?
MFHS strives to make every employee’s experience a positive one by promoting a healthy work life balance, offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k company match up to 6% of salary
- No Weekends/No Holidays
- Company Paid Life and Disability
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply