$1500 Sign On Bonus/No Weekends or Holidays
Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Medical Assistant and/or LPN at our Circle of Care location in Lackawanna County.
The Medical Assistant/LPN will be expected to perform clinical duties as a part of the healthcare team which include, patient intake and evaluations, vital signs, obtaining blood draws, obtaining and recording patient histories, performs patient counseling and medication administration under the supervision of the Medical Provider. The Medical Assistant/LPN also provides administrative support to the medical office as well as clinical responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtains patients’ vital signs, history and prepares the patient for examination
- Obtains laboratory and blood samples and prepares specimens for processing and shipping
- Performs office testing including pregnancy and STD testing
- Preps exam rooms for clinical procedures and assists Providers with patient care
- Prepares and administers immunizations and injections of medications under the direction/supervision of the Medical Provider
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies
- Performs daily inventory and ensures stocking of supplies for exam rooms and lab
- Review and complete electronic health record tasks daily
- Answer incoming calls, screen calls and route to appropriate individuals or respond to inquiries as required
- Schedule patients for return visits to maintain efficient clinic flow and assist in all front office duties as assigned
- Verify necessary components of various programs, i.e., income, identification, residency, insurance eligibility and sliding fee scales.
- May be assigned to other MFHS family planning centers as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program or an LPN program.
- 1+ years’ experience in a Medical Office preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience with Phlebotomy
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record & FBI Clearances
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to perform operations with units involved in measuring and weighing
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtraction, division and reducing fractions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. regularly
- Constant standing, turning, twisting, reaching, and sitting for long periods of time
- Occasional pushing, pulling, squatting, and walking
Why Join our Team?
MFHS strives to make every employee’s experience a positive one by promoting a healthy work life balance, offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k company match up to 6% of salary
- No Weekends/No Holidays
- Company Paid Life and Disability
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply