Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Director of Development for our Administration location.
The Director of Development is responsible for orchestrating MFHS fundraising activities and initiatives. This position develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive fundraising plan to expand philanthropic support of MFHS including identifying and strengthening relationships with community stakeholders, actively pursuing, and managing corporate and individual leads, and fostering strong donor and sponsor stewardship. The Director of Development also oversees the marketing plan and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising and development plan annually which maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth, expansion, and development/retention of employes. The Plan should include major gifts, corporate, board, and foundation giving, annual appeal, fundraising events, and new ways to generate revenue and engage donors and event sponsors and should align with the organization’s mission and values.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective and existing donors; strengthen relationships with corporate and foundation partners, and engage Board of Directors to support these efforts.
- Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive agency image through attendance at community and leadership events, conducting community engagement activities, and delivering presentations on MFHS programs to organizations as needed.
- Oversee the collection, organization, and maintenance of a complete and accurate database of donors and funding received.
- Responsible for all phases of event planning and outcomes, to include securing sponsorships, overseeing and assisting with event details and logistics, soliciting entertainment and speakers, and coordinating the work of volunteers and vendors, as needed.
- Provide direction, guidance, and leadership to the Marketing team, working collaboratively to develop and implement effective marketing and communication plans and strategies including public relations, media relations, online giving, digital communications, key messaging, storytelling, and consistent branding in all marketing and outreach materials; Collaborate with team to design and produce marketing, promotional, and outreach materials in support of fundraising goals.
- Coordinate media events and speak on behalf of MFHS with media outlets as needed.
- Provide direct supervision to Marketing staff to include assigning tasks, providing performance feedback, managing time off and scheduling needs, hiring, and training, and serving as a role model of professional practice standards through leading by example, educating, mentoring, and coaching staff. Hold staff accountable to MFHS policies, and office, operational, and safety procedures and protocols – addressing and managing non-compliance with MFHS policies and procedures and non-performance.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals.
- Attend regular training sessions, updates, and enrichment opportunities, as directed.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the President & CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in non-profit environment required; health-related non-profit preferred.
- 5+ years’ proven development and fundraising experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills for public speaking, group presentations, etc.
- Advanced business writing skills for e-mails, documents, and other materials.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Supplemental Benefits
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Flexible leave options
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.