Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Customer Service & Administrative Assistant for our Administrative Office location.
The Customer Service & Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to MFHS clients. This position will review available programs and services with callers, explain eligibility criteria, schedule appointments, field questions and assist in the resolution of obstacles to needed services. In addition, the position will provide general office support to administrative support teams, assist with outreach activities, and perform front desk/receptionist duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer phones with the goal of promoting a positive customer service experience.
- Ensure that the client is given both the appropriate information regarding potential eligibility and the documentation required for the visit to the identified location.
- Utilizing electronic scheduling software look up/revise client appointments as necessary to accommodate client request, schedule clients for program appointments within appropriate time frames, provide and document all scheduled appointments according to policy.
- Model excellent customer service skills by meeting established productivity standards (goals) and responding to all client requests for information in a cheerful, friendly, “smiling” voice.
- Provide general office support for MFHS administrative office, including front desk/receptionist duties, assisting visitors, processing and routing mail and packages, assisting with copying and printing and other clerical projects to support administrative functions.
- Provide support for outreach activities. Assist Marketing Department with preparing materials and supplies for outreach activities and participate in outreach events as needed.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals.
- Perform other administrative or WIC program related tasks and duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year of work experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record & FBI Clearances
- Knowledge of computer and phone systems
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Ability sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally Bending, Kneeling, Pushing/Pulling, Reaching, Squatting, Standing, Turning, and Twisting
- Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.