$10,000 Sign On Bonus/No Weekends or Holidays!
Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time CRNP at our Scranton Circle of Care Site.
Under the supervision of the Lead Certified Nurse Practitioner and in collaboration with the Medical Director Family Medicine, the CRNP for COC Family Medicine will be responsible for healthcare management and clinical services in accordance with physician standing orders and/or case-specific instructions, providing advanced nursing services in the area of primary care and pediatrics, and collaborates in the development of the primary care, neonatal, pediatric, Vaccines for Children, and EPSDT programs serving as a leader for other agency personnel in the provision of primary care services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform a comprehensive medical evaluation including medical history and physical examination and a review of the assessment data when determining diagnoses; co-develop individualized outcomes and comprehensive care plan with client; implement care plan with required follow-up and treatment options; evaluate client’s progress in attaining expected outcomes in accordance with individual program guidelines; and identify need for additional care, making appropriate referrals, when applicable.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and healthcare needs, reviewing results and reports daily and responding promptly to all atypical lab results and reports in accordance with program guidelines.
- Update patient records promptly, and check records for accuracy at each appointment. Refer and coordinate care appropriately with other clinical and medical providers.
- Maintain MFHS metrics pertaining to performance in the delivery of efficient quality care.
- Promote, maintain, and improve health and well-being through innovative strategies/interventions, to include educational information, and referrals. Provide education related to healthy lifestyles and prevention of illness and injury, in areas to include but not limited to mental and behavioral health, substance abuse, maternity, family planning, nutrition, sexual counseling culminating in a comprehensive care plan inclusive of MFHS service integration.
- Utilize designated prescriptive authority, procedures, and treatments in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations to treat illnesses, improve functional health status, and provide comprehensive preventive care.
- Conduct telehealth visits for patient triage, reporting of test results, and care coordination.
- Collaborate with other members of the healthcare team to ensure a successful, reassuring and well executed plan of care for the client.
- Enhance current knowledge and skill levels in the area of specialty practice through professional development (journal articles, conferences, etc.) and peer interaction. Examine and evaluate theories in discussion with the QA team and Medical Executive Committee for the improvement of best practices.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals of MFHS.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team and steering committee meetings with community partners for sharing information, identifying opportunities for improvement, and discussing additional strategies.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of professional services rendered to patients.
- Provides professional perspective in the delivery of health care by the team (medical policies, procedures, and guidelines development) of the organization in collaboration with Medical Executive Committee.
- Provides and accommodates flexible scheduling for walk-ins, short notice appointments, emergencies, and immediate referrals.
- Assist with other duties as directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Completion of appropriate post-secondary education (Masters required),
- 5-7 years of Family Medicine experience required.
- Experience with billing and coding with insurances and documentation in electronic health records.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written and oral form.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- PA-licensed Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner,
- Professional malpractice insurance.
- Active CPR license.
- PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Background and FBI Fingerprint clearances required.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to accommodate and provide flexibility in scheduling walk-ins, short notice appointments, emergencies, and immediate referrals.
- Excellent customer/patient service skills.
Why Join our Team?
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 3 weeks to start, 4 weeks after 2 years, and 5 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.