Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Clinical Nutritionist in our Scranton office.
Responsible for the providing nutrition services including guidance, counseling, and information to participants in programs offered by MFHS and in compliance with the requirements of the those specific programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, determine, and document WIC medical/nutritional eligibility for applicants/participants based upon current standards and/or according to policy. Assure that income and residency eligibility has been verified.
- Prescribe the WIC food package with the types and quantity of foods for participants in accordance with the participant’s medical/nutritional needs and preferences.
- Provide and document group and/or individualized nutrition education for participants appropriate to their needs.
- Assess and record hematological and anthropometric measurements for WIC and other program applicants/participants as necessary; and document data provided on immunization records for children less than two years of age as necessary.
- Provide on-going nutritional risk assessment, nutrition guidance, counseling, and appropriate nutrition interventions for pregnant and post-partum women, providing individualized Nutrition Care Plans and nutrition recommendations.
- Report patient progress to clinical providers as needed and as part of the MFHS Clinical Care Teams and in the High-Risk Prenatal Care weekly meetings.
- Provide WIC nutrition services for all prenatal/postpartum maternity clients.
- Provide and document appropriate and required referrals to participants.
- Provide nutritional assessments as referred from providers across all clinical programs.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals of MFHS.
- Monitor and promote nutrition education, breastfeeding, and outreach activities for participants in accordance with the current Nutrition Education, Breastfeeding and Outreach annual plans.
- Attend regular training sessions and updates as directed.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the provision of services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition from an accredited college or university
- Registered Dietitian
- 3+ years’ experience preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to complete PA Bureau of Labs mandated hematological training, CDC approved anthropometric training, and MFHS sponsored basic nutrition education and breastfeeding training.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Supplemental Benefits
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Flexible leave options
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply