Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full-time Program Assistant for our Mobile Unit.
This position will provide WIC services from a mobile unit to designated locations outside of MFHS service sites, and is responsible for the collection of data, performance of screenings for client eligibility determination, and other duties to assure the delivery of WIC benefits and nutrition education to eligible clients in accordance with organizational goals and program procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Explain the purpose of the program and provide an overview of what to expect during the appointment. Explain the “WIC Rules” and “Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities”.
- Verify identification and residency of all applicants/participants; verify income eligibility; ask about voter registration status.
- Perform and record hematological and anthropometric measurements.
- Provide and document nutrition and breastfeeding contacts according to policy.
- Provide food instruments and explain the food list and procedure for use of E-WIC card.
- Provide and document appropriate and required referrals to clients.
- Schedule WIC appointments per set guidelines.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring, and maintaining the WIC mobile unit operating schedule, and maintaining inventory and supplies for the mobile unit which includes medical and janitorial supplies.
- Deliver WIC services from the mobile unit to remote areas and at designated community partner locations in the assigned territory and fulfill occasional requests to provide mobile services to locations outside of the assigned territory. Work in collaboration with District Manager and community partner staff at the designated mobile WIC service locations on planning, coordinating, and promoting the availability of WIC services at the community partner location.
- Safely operate mobile unit in accordance with all applicable traffic laws; drive for extended periods of time and arrive promptly at assigned locations, and ensure the mobile unit remains operational and ready for use by keeping it fueled, reporting maintenance or performance issues or concerns, assisting where needed with routine scheduled maintenance appointments, and keeping the inside clean, disinfected, and ready to provide services to clients.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals of MFHS.
- Attend and participate in outreach events with the mobile WIC unit.
- Prepare process and maintain reports, order forms and administrative correspondence.
- Attend regular training sessions and updates as directed.
- Demonstrated ability to safety operate a class C box truck.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the provision of services.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years experience preferred.
- Three (3) years safe driving experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred in some site locations
- Valid PA driver’s license with zero points
- Three (3) years safe driving experience
- eWIC card readers
- Hemocue blood analyzer and microcuvettes
- Infant scales and measuring devices
- Adult scales and height boards
- Breast pump (cleaning and sanitizing)
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent navigation skills and proficiency using navigation tools to find service site locations.
- Constant standing, turning, twisting, reaching and sitting for long periods of time.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, squatting, walking.
- Driving for extended periods of time to and from assigned locations.
- Wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) required up to and including: gloves, hand sanitizer, masks
- Small workspace due to location inside mobile unit.
- Traveling and/or driving in inclement weather.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.