Maternal & Family Health Services (MFHS) is currently seeking a Facilities Manager. The position will be a 12 month contract with the ability to work either full or part time. The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of facilities, physical equipment and supplies throughout MFHS’ network, management and oversight of leases, projects, insurances, and service contracts, and other facility related requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Facility Maintenance and Help Desk Ticket Management
- Monitor facilities on a regular basis for needed repairs and maintenance, ensuring safe and clean work environments
- Implement and monitor preventive maintenance programs on equipment and furnishings.
- Oversee and manage Facilities Help Desk tickets, in conjunction with Facilities Assistant, addressing and resolving issues with landlords in a timely manner.
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed and arrange for outside vendors / services to perform maintenance tasks if necessary.
- Maintain up to date inventory of equipment and furniture and manage storage needs.
- Coordinate installation, relocation, or disposal of equipment and furniture, working in collaboration with IT on computer and phone system installations.
Landlords and Leases
- Serves as point of contact for landlords.
- Oversee and manage facility lease agreements.
- Maintain an updated list of all leases with terms and contact information for services and repairs.
- Provide quarterly updates on lease status changes and work in collaboration with leadership on plans for renewals, expirations, and site relocations.
- Manage projects such as renovations and construction, site openings, relocations, and closures, and facility upgrades, providing expertise and guidance, and inspecting work to ensure it is timely, and performed to specifications.
- Manage service contracts for facilities, including assisting in development of budgets for service contract appropriation, preparing bid specifications and evaluating bid documentation, planning, and implementing service contracts, serving as point of contact, and assuring quality work performance objectives.
Safety and Disaster Response
- Manage annual insurance renewals, working in collaboration with program leaders on renewal applications.
- Maintain site-specific inventory logs and provide inventory and equipment information to the insurance broker as appropriate to maintain accuracy in contents coverage.
- Ensure legal insurance certificates and insurance posters are up to date in locations.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in facilities, maintenance, construction, or related field.
- 5+ years’ managing related projects.
- Manage multiple projects/tasks concurrently and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Relate to others on a regular basis requiring excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Intermediate understanding of electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as lease agreements, construction of building blueprints, bids and contracts, safety policies, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and demonstrated business acumen.