Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Data Analyst for our Administrative location in Wilkes-Barre.
The Data Analyst will use analytical skills and attention to detail to extract, manipulate, analyze data from various sources, monitor data quality and data reporting compliance, and provide critical insights to inform MFHS leadership in the strategic decision-making processes. The Data Analyst will help MFHS to understand community needs, MFHS’s potential to meet those needs, and our impact on the individuals and families we serve. This role will also involve presenting complex data in understandable, compelling ways using Power BI and other reporting tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide network-wide support for the data requirements of MFHS programs and services and ensure reporting and analytics of data are completed in compliance with reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the business in both clinical and non-clinical roles, and with MFHS subrecipients and subcontractors, to understand their data and reporting needs, translate those needs into technical requirements, and provide training support and technical assistance to ensure required information and data is securely and accurately captured and submitted.
- Extract, clean, and analyze data from various sources such as APIs, Excel files, SQL databases, and other relevant sources.
- Build and maintain dashboards, reports, and presentations using Power BI, SSRS and Excel.
- Monitor data quality and communicate complex data findings in a clear, concise manner to management and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, document, and maintain data analysis and reporting systems, strategies, and processes to ensure data quality and accurate data reporting.
- Continually strive to identify opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data.
- Train, develop, and support leadership, staff, and subrecipients and subcontractors, to help grow and enhance culture that ensures data quality and embraces data in planning and decision-making.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, healthcare administration or related field.
- 1 to 3 years related experience.
- Proven experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Electronic Medical Record (e.g. Athena) experience and knowledge of standardized terminology used in healthcare informatics is a plus.
- SQL and PowerBi experience preferred.
- General understanding of healthcare practice management preferred
- Familiarity with data security/privacy, and HIPAA data governance standards.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to prioritize and work effectively to ensure the timeliness of reporting.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Supplemental Benefits
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Flexible leave options
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.