Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of NEPA’s women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a per diem Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner at our Hazleton and Pottsville Family Planning sites.
Highly motivated and experienced Women’s Health CRNP to provide holistic care to high-risk clients. This person, working in collaboration with the Medical Director/Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist, will be responsible for healthcare management and clinical services in accordance with physician standing orders and/or case-specific instructions for reproductive health care protocols to meet expected outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform a comprehensive medical evaluation including medical history and physical examination and a review of the assessment data when determining diagnoses; co-develop individualized outcomes and comprehensive care plan with client; implement care plan; evaluate client’s progress in attaining expected outcomes in accordance with individual program guidelines; and identify need for additional care, making appropriate referrals, when applicable.
- Ensure appropriate laboratory studies have been performed and reviewed and respond promptly to all atypical lab results and reports in accordance with program guidelines.
- Review screening tools with clients, documenting relevant high-risk client history in addition to any medication assisted treatments. Refer and coordinate care appropriately with LCSW and other clinical and medical providers.
- Promote, maintain, and improve health and well-being through innovative strategies/interventions, to include educational information and referrals. Provide education related to healthy lifestyles and prevention of illness and injury, in areas to include but not limited to mental and behavioral health, substance abuse, maternity, family planning, nutrition, sexual counseling. Promote, maintain, and improve health and well-being through innovative strategies/interventions, to include educational information and referrals.
- Utilize designated prescriptive authority, procedures, and treatments in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations to treat illnesses, improve functional health status, and provide comprehensive preventive care.
- Conduct telehealth visits for patient triage, reporting of test results, and care coordination.
- Collaborate with other members of the healthcare team to ensure a successful, reassuring and well executed plan of care for the client.
- Enhance current knowledge and skill levels in the area of specialty practice through professional development (journal articles, conferences, etc.) and peer interaction. Examine and evaluate theories in discussion with the QA team and Medical Executive Committee for the improvement of best practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- PA-licensed Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Professional malpractice insurance.
- Completion of appropriate post-secondary education (Masters required),
- 5-7 years of OBGYN experience required.
- Active CPR license.
- Experience with billing and coding with insurances and documentation in electronic health records.
- Basic concepts and principles of managed care
- Knowledge of community resources
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record & FBI Clearances
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance policy and access to a vehicle
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to walk and/or climb stairs
- Respond effectively and efficiently in high stress situations and deal with people under adverse circumstances.
- Use independent judgement and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information and sensitive situations.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply