$3,000 sign on bonus/No weekends or holidays
Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
A non-profit health care agency offering prenatal, family planning and related women’s health services, MFHS is currently recruiting for a part time Clinic Nurse for our Family Planning clinic in Hazleton. This part time position will be 30 hours/week.
The Clinic Nurse coordinates care and provides appropriate counseling and clinical services necessary in support of the Family Planning protocols and expected outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide appropriate counseling and education for MFHS clients.
- Review and maintain client lab results, electronic health records, alerting CRNP’s/Physicians of abnormal results. Notify clients of abnormal results and appropriate prescribed management. Assist with obtaining and performing laboratory testing onsite, including blood draws.
- Provide therapeutic nursing care in accordance with policies and procedures of MFHS Family Planning including STD services, education/counseling, pregnancy testing and options counseling, case management of abnormal test results and follow-up plans. Administration of injections, medications, and contraceptive supplies according to CRNP/Physician orders. This position will also provide care in other MFHS programs as needed.
- Schedule follow up appointments at appropriate intervals based on client needs and CRNP/Physicians orders. Plan and implement strategies to identify and overcome barriers to accessing services.
- Appropriately refer clients to other networking agencies as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- LPN/RN License
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- 3 years clinical experience