Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Adolescent Health Advocate for our Administrative Office location.
The Adolescent Health Advocate will oversee the SafeTeens program including maintenance of the SafeTeens.org website and management of social media accounts with a focus on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and emerging media platforms. The Adolescent Health Advocate will work with the MFHS Reproductive Health department to implement equitable and accessible adolescent health initiatives throughout the MFHS service area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with the MFHS marketing department on the development of advertisements and promotion of the SafeTeens program to youth across the Commonwealth.
- Design and create social media and website content that educates young people on reproductive health topics, ensuring all information is current, factual, consistent, and aligns with best practice.
- In alignment with grant and program requirements, provide guidance on adolescent health initiatives to the MFHS reproductive health network including external subrecipient partner organizations and MFHS staff.
- Establish youth focus groups in partnership with community organizations to ensure youth involvement in program planning and messaging.
- Represent MFHS at local community and outreach events while promoting SafeTeens and adolescent health services.
- Work with MFHS leadership and program staff to ensure timely submission of grant data and deliverables for quarterly reports as needed.
- Participate in required trainings, meetings and professional development as required by project-specific deliverables.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing, Public Health, or a related field.
- 1-3 years related experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills for public speaking, group presentations, etc.
- Strong writing skills to support a range of content, including website copy, social media, email communications, and reports
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and social media management platforms such as Buffer
- Working knowledge of adolescent and reproductive health related topics
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Supplemental Benefits
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Flexible leave options
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply