The Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant has a primary focus on accounts payable duties, performs a variety of specialized fiscal and accounting functions, prepares supporting documentation and reports, and is available to respond to questions and/or assist with functions required by other fiscal staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accounts Payable processing – provides timely and accurate processing of invoices, both PO and non-PO; review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Perform weekly check runs, assembly, and mailing of checks.
- Maintains office supplies and orders supplies as needed. Respond to vendor and employee inquiries.
- Contact vendors to verify specifications and research availability and cost, expedites deliveries, monitors backorders, short shipments, and incorrect shipments along with the return of expired items.
- Maintains vendor database, accounts payable paper and electronic files including issuing Sales Tax Exemption Certificates and processing accurate 1099 information.
- Reconciliation of monthly corporate credit card statements.
- Participate in monthly closing process for various programs, including research and entry of any missing invoices.
- Backup to the Fiscal Assistant/Payroll position.
- Associate/bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 3 years of related work experience with knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record & FBI Clearances
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtraction, division and reducing fractions
- Solid understanding and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fundamentals of basic software and database programs to input and/or extract information.