Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking an Accounting Intern for our Administrative Office.
The Accounting Intern will assist the Fiscal Department with various projects, entry into the accounting software, updating spreadsheets, preparing supporting documentation, administrative functions, and performing a variety of specialized fiscal and accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Update Financial Edge accounting software for fixed asset purchases and create asset and depreciation reports. Training on the software will be provided.
- Update Financial Edge accounting software for grant documentation through data entry and document uploading. Training on the software will be provided.
- Assist in preparing invoices for regulatory filings by pulling vendor statements and scanning documents for State filings.
- Create and document workflows and processes by interviewing various staff members.
- Create billing invoice templates in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Assist in inventory counts and updating spreadsheets.
- Performs data entry, general bookkeeping tasks, and basic clerical tasks such as filing and managing data, records, and reports.
- Provide general administrative support to include obtaining requested information and filing.
- Assist with other duties as directed.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years of completed coursework in the pursuit of an Accounting major.
- 1 year of general employment preferred.
- General understanding of accounting and business procedures and principles.
- Mathematical reasoning skills – ability to choose the correct mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Deductive reasoning – ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive reasoning – ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to specific rules or set of rules.
- Solid understanding and experience with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of charts, graphs, and table formatting.
- Fundamentals of basic software and database programs to input and/or extract information.
MFHS offers employees:
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.