Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc. welcomes employment inquiries from individuals who have an interest in working in prenatal and family health and nutrition. Positions may become available at any time, anywhere within our 16-county service area. Skills, job experiences or education that are of particular interest to us include:
- Computer skills
- Clerical or administrative skills
- Conversant in Spanish
- Supervisory experience
- BS Nutrition
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Dietitian
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
Current Openings at MFHS:
Administrative Assistant to the President/CEO
Vice President of Operations/Senior Vice President
Reproductive Health Special Projects and Communications Manager
Program Assistant – Abington
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
RN/Home Visit Nurse – Lackawanna County
RN/Home Visit Nurse – Luzerne County
Director of Community Services
Maternal & Family Health Services, a non-profit health and social service organization offering prenatal, family planning, and related women’s health services, is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to the President/CEO in our Administrative office located in Wilkes-Barre. Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President/CEO. The Administrative Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Administrative Assistant must be committed to working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. They must have the ability to work independently on projects and must be able to handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in non-profits, supporting an internal executive team and Board of Directors.
Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners and donors. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Social Media web platforms. Must possess the willingness and ability to learn and embrace new systems and technologies. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with expert level written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities with great attention to detail.
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc., a non-profit social service and public health agency, is currently recruiting for a Vice President/ Senior Vice President of Operations for our Administrative Office in Wilkes-Barre. As a private non-profit community based organization, MFHS works to meet the health and nutrition needs of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s women, children and families with information, education, and quality care.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the Vice President/ Senior Vice President of Operations will play a critical role in helping this community based organization achieve its vision to provide high quality programs in sixteen counties. The Vice President/ Senior Vice President of Operations will be responsible for a variety of significant activities including internal operations, ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to expand programs and position the organization for continued success. This position will guide the organization in the area of Quality Improvement by ensuring best practice related to reproductive health guidelines and regulations. The successful candidate should have experience in overseeing clinical operations in a non-profit community organization.
- Oversee the program operations and day-to-day leadership of MFHS Nonprofit’s operations to provide them with management guidance, strategies for regional growth, and operational assistance.
- Coordinate and direct expansion strategies including identification process and help build strategic partnerships in existing and new regions.
Strengthen internal operations and infrastructure
- Support the senior leadership team, regional coordinators, and staff to make consistent and progressive steps toward organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability; effectively communicate work plans and priorities derived from the organization’s strategic plan by partnering with senior leaders to follow through with coordinated accountabilities, objectives, and associated budgets.
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success.
- Oversee clinical and Quality initiatives relating to program evaluation and measurement; communicate and prepare evaluation updates for the CEO, QI Committee, and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred; at least 10 years of professional experience and a minimum of 5 years of senior leadership experience is required- ideally in a rapidly evolving environment
- Highly organized and ability to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity and solutions
- A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes
- Thorough understanding of project management; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals
- A consummate team player with a flexible and creative approach
- Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; high level of knowledge and understanding of grant related programs, especially as it relates to program replication, connecting programs to funding, creatively generating other resources, and building strategic partnerships
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the MFHS mission
This is an outstanding opportunity for leadership in a mission driven community based non-profit with room to grow for the right individual. MFHS offers excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid time off program.
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc., a non-profit social service and public health agency, is currently recruiting for a Special Projects and Outreach Coordinator for our Administrative Office in Wilkes-Barre. As a private non-profit community based organization, MFHS works to meet the health and nutrition needs of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s women, children and families with information, education, and quality care.
The Special Projects and Outreach Coordinator will provide assistance to the Reproductive Health/ Family Planning program in support of health education needs, goals and objectives. This position will focus on implementation of special grant projects, educational initiatives, health communication campaigns and outreach to vulnerable at risk populations.
- Manage grant work statements/plans and reporting that are related to this position.
- Develop proposals in response to identified emerging opportunities supporting the activities and initiatives of the organization.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders who represent the identified vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations.
- Conduct data analyses for site comparisons and set benchmarks as they relate to the initiatives and grant deliverables under the management of this position.
- Collaborate to create agendas for program briefings and/or forums, general meetings, and trainings. Ensure agendas and follow up activities help multi-sector partners implement new strategies and ideas.
- Represent organization in a variety of public settings to increase awareness.
- Outcomes orientation and strong commitment to making improvement in communities
- Identify the challenges in service provision to teens and vulnerable adolescent populations and serve as a resource for MFHS in meeting their reproductive needs in a culturally competent manner
The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively interact and communicate with outside agencies, staff and vendors through verbal, written, and electronic means; strong interpersonal and research skills; project management; and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft computer programs. A bachelor’s degree is required along with experience with public health programs in a non-profit community health based setting. Must be able to prioritize work and manage time well in order to meet multiple deadlines. A minimum of three years of work experience in managing grant programs, report writing and education outreach initiatives in a community based organization is preferred.
Maternal & Family Health Services is seeking applicants for our WIC nutrition program in our Abington office in Montgomery County. The successful candidate will have experience in customer service, Microsoft Outlook and Word. WIC program or medical office/lab experience is a plus. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Position is temporary/part time/80%, with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and generous paid time off program.
Maternal and Family Health Services, a health and social service provider, connecting our communities to better health by serving 110,000 people in 16 Pennsylvania counties is currently seeking an individual for our Women’s Reproductive Health programs.
As a member of our healthcare team and under the supervision of the Medical Director, the clinician is responsible for providing direct patient care in the context of a comprehensive reproductive health visit, in accordance with MFHS standards and federal guidelines, in an efficient, sensitive and professional manner.
Qualification and Skills required:
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral
- Experience with electronic health records, and a strong working knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 coding.
- High level communication skills for the ability to counsel clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures to ensure individual values related to reproductive health are respected
- Position requires a PA-licensed Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and a minimum of two years’ experience in OB/GYN
- Bilingual, preferably in Spanish is desired
There is no weekend or holiday work and no on call required. This position includes travel to various centers in our network.
Maternal & Family Health Services’ Nurse Family Partnership program is currently recruiting for a full time RN to make home visits to families in Lackawanna County. A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year clinical experience required. Two year’s recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred. Must be able to work independently and provide thorough case-management and work flexible hours Monday-Friday to accommodate client needs. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus. Dependable, insured vehicle required. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, generous 401(k) retirement plan, and generous paid time off program.
RN/Home Visit Nurse Luzerne County
Maternal & Family Health Services’ Nurse Family Partnership program is currently recruiting for a full time RN with a Bachelor’s degree to make home visits to families in Southern Luzerne County. Must be able to work independently and provide thorough case-management. Must be able to work flexible hours Monday-Friday to accommodate client needs. Bilingual in Spanish a plus. Dependable, insured vehicle required. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, generous 401(k) retirement plan, and generous paid time off program.
The Director of Community Services is responsible for the implementation and management of the Family Planning program which includes the Title X program and the Healthy Woman program. This position provides leadership and support to develop initiatives and accomplish goals related to providing effective and sustainable family planning services. This individual is a member of the MFHS Senior Management team and is responsible for working with other leaders in the organization to fulfill the mission of the organization.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and a Master’s Degree in a related field, a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in healthcare program planning and administration, preferably in a non-profit environment, experience in grant preparation and project management methodologies, the ability to utilize data to achieve program goals, and excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
The position is full time with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, and generous paid time off program.
Maternal & Family Health Services (MFHS), a non-profit health and human service organization based in Wilkes-Barre, PA, has an opening for an unpaid marketing intern who will work directly with the MFHS Marketing Team on the Agency’s Integrated Marketing Communications plan. We are looking for a high energy intern who has interest in traditional and digital media. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the Department’s innovative strategies while playing a key role in helping to expand the agency’s growing set of activities, relationships and material related to the delivery of essential health and social services for women, children and families.
Hours: 15 hours per week
Specific duties may include the following:
- Assisting with development of a strategy and assist in launching and maintaining a new agency Instagram account.
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using various digital media outlets.
- Assist with development and production of videos for use online.
- Assist with Resource Development research and activities.
- Coordination, monitoring and tracking of special events/health fairs and event attendance.
- Writing copy for marketing purposes in online and print format.
- Other marketing tasks as assigned.
How to Apply
NOTE: Open positions will be posted for 30 days, unless otherwise stated. Maternal and Family Health Services reserves the right to fill the position prior to the expiration of the posting period.
If you are interested in emailing us your resume, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Marketing internship resumes can be sent to email@example.com. If you don’t have your resume formatted for electronic transmission, you can also send it to:
Maternal and Family Health Services
15 Public Square, Suite 600
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701-1700
Maternal and Family Health Services is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.