Benefits for WIC Moms:
- Enhanced food package for exclusively breastfeeding mothers
- Access to breast pumps, breast shells or nursing supplementers
- Access to information through counseling and breastfeeding educational materials
- Follow-up support through the Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program where available
- Access to WIC program benefits longer than non-breastfeeding mothers
Breastfeeding mothers participating in the WIC Nutrition Program can receive breast pumps to help support the initiation and continuation of breastfeeding. Staff will assess your needs and determine eligibility as well as which type of pump is best for you.
Did you know?
Under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, your health insurance plan MAY cover a breast pump, breastfeeding supplies, and lactation support. Check with your insurance carrier to learn more about the benefits available to you.