Making Zoodles on PA Live!
MFHS Nutrition Education Coordinator Laurie Waskovich, RD, was on PA Live! yesterday, cooking up fresh dishes using farmers’ market produce. Once you watch the video, why not try making one of these easy, fresh and delicious recipes this week!
Recipe 1: Cucumber Salsa
In a Medium bowl combine the following:
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
In a small bowl, mix the following ingredients together:
- 1/4 c reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
Mix sour cream mixture gently into cucumber mixture and serve.
Recipe 2: Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the zucchini noodles and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until zucchini noodles are coated in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.