Healthy Beginnings Plus is an innovative prenatal program which takes a positive, proactive role in ensuring a healthy pregnancy. The comprehensive package of services for pregnant women includes medical, nutrition, and social services that promote healthy birth outcomes.
The Maternal and Family Health Services Healthy Beginnings Plus Prenatal Program at Circle of Care in Scranton provides complete prenatal care to low-income mothers-to-be through a partnership with Moses Taylor Hospital and Physicians Health Alliance in Scranton.
Healthy Beginnings Plus services include:
- Prenatal care.
- Referral of laboratory and ultrasound tests.
- Referral for childbirth, parenting and teen parenting support groups.
- Childbirth education and parenting classes at Moses Taylor Hospital.
- Prenatal vitamins and nutrition information.
- Smoking cessation program.
- Home health services through Nurse-Family Partnership for first time moms.
- Breast-feeding classes.
- Access to maternal fetal medicine and special services needed.